From my previous incarnation as a green blogger, I know numbered lists are big in the blogosphere. Here's my shot at 10 tips for skillful tweeting . . . inspired by a whole morning spent checking out the Buddhist crowd on Twitter:
- When referring to yourself, tweet in the first person. No one's that important.
- Hold your fingers back before firing a tweet. Is your intention pure? Is your tweet self-serving, or is it for the greater good? Might it cause harm?
- Be grateful. Let people know when you have benefitted from their tweet, and make generous use of @s.
- Share the goodies. When you find an awesome tweet, make sure to RT (retweet).
- Keep personal complaints to yourself. Why spread the misery?
- Only tweet when you have something worth sharing.
- Practice compassion, and engage in random tweets of kindness.
- Be a real person, warts and all. That's what makes you interesting.
- Use Twitter in moderation. This stuff's addictive!
- Exert care in the way you build your 'Following' list. How many folks can you genuinely keep up with? Are they being mindful in their tweets?
Of course, tips are meant to not be followed . . . Have fun and tweet away, mindfully. :)