Thursday, July 1, 2010

This Is Temporary

This afternoon, I basked in the pleasure of a perfect moment with my daughter at Bertillon, Paris's famous place for sorbets and ice cream. Lingering over the different flavors, and hesitating between wild strawberry or rasperry with rose flower, peach or pear, black currant or dark cocoa . . . ? Gustative faculties fully mobilized, she and I settled the matter with a full order of four different flavors each.


Between shared laughter and two spoonfuls of wild strawberry sorbet, all of a sudden the thought, 'this is temporary', and the subtle joy of being ok with the full reality of passing happiness. Ajahn Chah's "not sure" wisdom . . . this time applied to an endearing moment. 

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy every single, precious, impermanent moment with your daughter on what sounds like a wonderful trip...

    in the dharma,
    Maia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maia. You are so kind. I am enjoying, and also minding at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just discovered your blog and I am so thrilled to find it. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci Marie! I look forward to meaningful exchanges with you . . .

    ReplyDelete