Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Coming to Our Senses, with Jon Kabat-Zinn

This whole week, I am at Mount Madonna Center, attending a retreat with Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli. In honor of Jon Kabat-Zinn, I thought I would feature some of my favorite videos of him in my absence. May you enjoy!

Here is Jon talking about 'Coming to Our Senses', reminding me a lot of Ruth Denison, another one of my favorite teachers, also very much into being in the body, and the sensing experience:




Mindfulness. Not just in the mind, but also and first in the body . . . 

2 comments:

  1. Marguerite - Wow...just awesome that you have the opportunity to do this!! I consider Jon Kabat-Zinn to be one of my 'unofficial' mentors. I had been interested in meditation for a long time and it was 12 months ago that I took the MBSR course, which led me to further investigate meditation and mindfulness within my own life, including the writings I've done on my blog. It's basically become a passion of mine and JKZ's straight-forward, compassionate and heart-felt way of teaching and speaking about mindfulness is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Nate, I thought of you during the retreat, knowing that you would have appreciated it greatly!

    ReplyDelete