Monday, February 28, 2011

Will U #disconnect With Me?

Using the Power of Twitter to Encourage Disconnectivity in Hyperconnected Online World.

As a followup to yesterday's post and Wisdom 2.0 conference, I am starting a new trend on Twitter, using #disconnect hashtag. It has to do with intention. 

Every morning, after I get a chance to sit for 30', and I spend some time engaging in meaningful connections with my online 'friends', I vow to log out from all my favorite social media venues, and keep it that way for the remainder of the day.

This is about protecting myself, and giving the mind a chance to settle, not adding extra stimulation beyond what is absolutely necessary. 

Will you join me? If you do, I would like to invite you to use #disconnect in your tweets. Maybe we can change the way we collectively make use of social media, one tweet at a time? Using the poison as antidote. 

The power of community, to #disconnect .

3 comments:

  1. The power to turn it off!
    Say Yes! from the twitterless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    You are cheating though . . . :) You are already half way out by not being on Twitter already.

    The problem is I do value Twitter. It is just that I want to be the one to decide when or not to use it! not letting it having the upper hand.

    Metta,

    marguerite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea. But of course like all good ideas, needs PRACTICE (gulp).

    ReplyDelete