Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Fear of No Thoughts

Ever since I resumed my meditation practice a few months ago, I have been busy. Never a dull moment during each sitting. My prolific mind and sensitive heart have taken turns entertaining me with multiple dramas - and sometimes comedies - in which I am inevitably the primary star. Recently, I just started noticing a change. Times without any thoughts at all. At first, I welcomed the break. A few seconds here and there, not thinking! From my readings, I knew this was a good sign. Yesterday and today were different however. The 'not thinking' took over, and I started feeling weird, from not knowing what to think or feel about this 'not thinking'. I became restless, and wondered what would happen next? Mostly, I got scared of losing control.

No comments:

Post a Comment