Thursday, September 1, 2011

Creating A Mindful Society

I am gladly spreading the word about the upcoming 'Creating a Mindful Society' conference that will take place in New York on October 1st. The conference is organized by Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli from U Mass Center for Mindfulness,  Mindful.org, and Omega Institute. I had the privilege of spending one week with with Jon and Saki earlier this year for their annual professional retreat at Mount Madonna, and I have great respect and fondness for them both. 

The event is meant to address the spreading impact of mindfulness on many aspects of our culture: business, health care,  education, behavioral health, parenting, government . . . Here are Jon and Saki, giving us a little taste of the conference:




I will not be able to attend, but I will certainly be there in spirit. I hope YOU can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment