Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Breath and Body Practice

Buried in an old talk from Gil, I found a confirmation of what I learned from Ruth last year. That the mind does not do well left on its own device. That concentrating on the breath is not enough sometimes, particularly during the gaps between in and out breath. That the mind is then to land on the various touch points in the body. Feet touching the floor, hands clasped, buttocks resting on the chair. Back and forth, between breath and feet, or breath and hands . . . whichever part of the body is most compelling.

This is a practice that has served me well whenever I seek to cultivate concentration. Try it if you haven't already!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd like to try this. I only know about focusing on my breathing. Thank you for sharing. :-)

    ~Irene~
    http://softvoiceofafreespirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Irene. Just breath is not bad either . . . Keeping things simple!

    ReplyDelete