Friday, April 1, 2011

In the Storm

Standing still in the middle of a storm, 


I get to feel its full effects.

Major upset in the body. Throat, tight. Chest, heavy. Heart, pounding. Limbs, shaking almost. 

In the heart, a powerful cocktail of fear, wanting (something else), anger (at this person), and doubt also. 

In the mind, tumbling thoughts of 'poor me', 'what a jerk!', 'what's going to happen?', and many more in the same genre.

Hindrances showing themselves in all their darkness . . . 

And under carefully watching eye, something else also, that's even more powerful. Another brew made up of wisdom, strength, loving kindness, determination, energy, patience, virtue, renunciation, truthfulness, equanimity, generosity. All ten perfections showing up during this critical moment. 

I needed to write this post this morning, as I am about to head out to work after a sleepless night.

May you be well, may you be at peace, may you be at ease, may you be happy.
May I be well, may I be at peace, may at be at ease, may I be happy.
May the source of my torment be well, and at peace, and at ease, and happy. (I mean it)

8 comments:

  1. Yikes! Hope you are OK - all the best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is inner peace a construction behind walls or what remains after all that comes to you is accepted, accepted entirely? Cause and effects, we are all at the source of what comes to us. It's all ours. All emotions appear from the rejection of what is. May you be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, thank you so much for caring. It may take a while, but I have found that calm is to be found always with enough reflection and stillness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, I agree with you. And there are also circumstances that call for changes to be made in this relative world or ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, and also a call to wake up to a certain reality . . . Being on the path sometimes requires to become like a (gentle) tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blog Marguerite. I enjoy reading your postings. I am new on the path and I find inspiration from people like you, honest and with an open heart. May you be at peace after the storm passes by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Jorge! May your journey on the path be filled with mindfulness, resolve, and loving kindness.

    ReplyDelete