Monday, February 7, 2011

The MBSR Revolution

(This whole week, I am at Mount Madonna Center, attending a retreat with Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli. In honor of Jon Kabat-Zinn, I thought I would feature some of my favorite videos of him in my absence. May you enjoy!)

Here is Jon talking about the MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) approach he invented, and its now well documented health benefits:



I feel greatly indebted to Jon Kabat-Zinn, for paving the way for other mindfulness-based undertakings, including the Presence-Project I am currently involved with, to bring mindfulness into the care of persons with dementia.

2 comments:

  1. wish you a wonderful week, dear Marguerite, with love & light, & thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Doris! Nothing like spending one week in one's company to go deeper . . .

    ReplyDelete