Thursday, October 1, 2009

Little Red Riding Hood

Into the woods, I met Little Red Riding Hood, and the big, bad wolf, again . . .


Only this time was different, because "My many hours of pain and darkness have convinced me to live life to its fullest, to suck the marrow out of my existence, and to play my natural role" (quoted from Vogue article, author forgotten). Buddha was there also, lighting the way out of the forest, urging me to retreat, and to commit, and to investigate, and to dream, and to see, and to love with compassion, and to choose wisely, and to focus, and to make a leap, of faith.

I used to think of myself only as Little Red Riding Hood, and to be scared of the wolf. Now, I see the wolf, and I feel for him, and I want to love him also.

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely sentiment, and a beautiful piece of art! I often tell my students (in yoga classes) to follow the exhale like it's leading them out of unfamiliar woods...but I think you've inspired me to take it even a bit further. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Becca! It is so wonderful you can inspire your students towards a more conscious, and creative life. I am grateful for your visit.

    ReplyDelete