Sunday, December 13, 2009

An Intimate Walk With the Heart

Breath, breath, and steps, and the jingle from Bailey's tag. I have just set out for another fast walking meditation. Heart takes over, quickly with lots of emotion. Labeling mind pops in, wonders what's this? love, grief, . . . No, not the point. I remember Gil's instruction this past Wednesday:
Need to focus on body felt awareness. Take awareness into felt sense. Come down from control tower of attention. Do not hold oneself at a distance. Don't treat what is happening inside as object to manipulate, think about, do something about. And do not ignore control tower either. Make room for it in awareness. (Not exact words, just my notes)
And so I just walk, with the thing in my heart. Feeling it in its whole, inside the vast expanse of chest cavity. Heavy, deep breaths, from moving fast. Grateful for gift of friendship, presence to myself. Full heart, fleeting thoughts from fluid mind, blood flowing from energized body, rain drops, smell of rotting leaves,  comfort of Bailey at my side. . . All taken in. Heart wants to speak. Love words.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marguerite,
    I love this post, especially the control tower analogy, as my son is studying to become an Air Traffic Controller! (I blogged about it last September). I love your thoughts about meditation, and have added your blog, too:)
    Thank you for your comment on my poem,
    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna. It is an honor to connect with you.

    Deep bow,

    marguerite

    ReplyDelete