Saturday, March 13, 2010

In One Spot

Things have been a bit rough on the home front, as of late. During such times, I turn to Uttama, my elder sister, for comfort:


Four times, five, I ran amok from my dwelling,
having gained no peace of awareness,
my thoughts out of control.
So I went to a trustworthy nun.
She taught me the Dhamma:
aggregates, sense spheres, and elements.
Hearing the Dhamma,
I did as she said.
For seven days I sat in one spot,
absorbed in rapture and bliss.
On the eighth, I stretched out my legs,
having burst the mass
of darkness.
And like her, I sit in one spot, absorbed in ebbs and flows of breath. Body, dissolved. Heart, cracked wide open. Mind, clear.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful blog space. And thank you for your tweets. I am a couple of towns north on 280. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jody! And welcome to Mind Deep.

    May you dwell in mindfulness for the rest of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete