Thursday, September 24, 2009

Meme Marie's Chicken

Every time I make this recipe, I think of Meme Marie, my maternal grandmother. To her, I owe my love of the earth, and of a life, led simply, without too much fuss. Meme Marie was zen, without knowing. As I venture further and further into the Buddha realm, I am taking her spirit with me. Practical, womanly, real, humble, . . . feet firmly planted on the ground.

Ingredients:
  • 3Tbsp canola oil
  • 10 shallots, minced
  • 1 chicken, cut up in pieces
  • 1lb shitake mushrooms, halved
  • salt, pepper
  • 2 cups of white wine
  • chicken broth
  • parsley
Saute shallots in oil. Add chicken, and saute until brown on both sides. Add mushrooms, wine, salt, pepper. Add chicken broth as needed. Add parsley. Cook over low heat for another hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment