Monday, September 28, 2009

Sitting Through Sadness

Almost immediately, I felt the sadness. Deep breaths, and the relief from constriction, gone. Tears, rising up close, but not quite ready to materialize. Wishing. Noticing the wishing, for the tears. Sadness, sadness, sadness, . . . I kept noting. And going back to the breath. Inhale making the encounter with sadness more fully felt. Followed by a delicious moment of absolute stillness. Then, slow release, of exhale taking down with it, some of the feeling. There was more than just sadness. Love, also. And the joy of feeling my heart open. Fleeting thoughts about earlier dream, and feelings of compassion for angry young man. Realization that I am getting in touch with his pain, that is also my pain. These are thoughts. To let them go, and go back to the breath. Sadness, sadness, sadness . . . Breath washing over each time, completely, almost, my heart.

2 comments:

  1. marguerite,I just had this very same experience. thank you for your beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! thank you for sharing. I hope realizing your are not alone, is making this transformative experience even more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete