Monday, September 28, 2009

The Wisdom of Dreams

Early this morning, I woke up in hell. Some crazed individual was holding me and a whole crowd hostage, in a night club. He was running the show, and playing some loud, trance-inducing music. I was in the company of young girls. They were full of joy, laughing. As the young man motioned towards us, I realized the reason for his rage. He was mad at his brother, for having garnered all the attention, and was jealous of other people's good fortune. So as not to provoke him, it was critical that my young friends did not show their happiness.

Twenty years ago, I discovered Carl Jung, and with him, the way with dreams. Dreams are powerful. Like meditation, they can help expand our consciousness of reality. This morning, I am left pondering happiness, and envy, and anger, and love, and self-acceptance, and how those five play off each other in the theater of my mind. It will be interesting to see what comes up during today's sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment